Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Its a filter but not as I know it.

Morning all,

I am still learning my way with Qlikview and have managed to exceed my know how once again.

I have created a table and would like to filter it by a certain data type. However I do want to use the "Sheet" filter things as this would limit other tables on the sheet that i still need to show the other data.

So my question is.. How can i filter a table to only show certain records.

The SQL equivilent would be

[Code] SELECT [Job Name] FROM tbl_Example WHERE JobType = 'INB'[/Code]

Also the icing on the cake would be for the field i am trying to filter 'JobType' not to be displayed in the result set.

Regards

Jonny.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jonnyu182,

I must've misunderstood you. So we're talking about some kind of condition in a chart object or to add a restriction on a field in the script to only show certain values.

There are many ways to skin a cat and I put together a small example file showing a few ways of reducing a chart in the layout to only show certain dimension values.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jonnyu182,

The functionality is pretty much the same in QV.

For the full LOAD syntax, check the F1 help or Reference manual but it works the same way for the Where clause:

Load [Job Name] FROM datasource WHERE JobType = 'INB';

You don't have to include JobType as a field in the finished table if you don't want to.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I still need the rest of the data for my other tables thus cant exclude it from my initial SQL select statement.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jonnyu182,

I must've misunderstood you. So we're talking about some kind of condition in a chart object or to add a restriction on a field in the script to only show certain values.

There are many ways to skin a cat and I put together a small example file showing a few ways of reducing a chart in the layout to only show certain dimension values.

Not applicable
Author

Excellent!

The

T2:
Load

JobType

Name

Salary
resident

T1
where

JobType='A'
;

Can that be used with my current SQL statement? So I could potentially reload certain bits of it with different criteria as different fields?