Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE6 and plugin error

Hi all.

We are experiencing a serious problem with QV Plugin V9 SR1 and Internet Explorer 6: working with a qv document with IE plugin woks fine, but when closing the IE window, other windows opened with IE hans (Not Responding). After a few seconds, IE closes....

Have you experienced this behaviour? Any help?

Thanks in advance and regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Issue solved in v9 SR2

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I've seen this before on 8.5. QlikTech support found a bug in the plugin which was sorted in a later release of 8.5.

The bug we found was consistent across multiple computers, and seemed also to be due to conflicts with other plugins.

I suggest you try to Unistall other plugins, try If a clean install operating system has the error, and try to identify if another plugin causes this.

If its consistent across multiple installations, I would suggest you contact support.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer Torben.

Actually, this error is consistent across multiple installations. Plugin v9 SR2 will be available tomorrow. Let see if the problem is solved.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

In some cases IE6 has strange behaviors, I would also advise to test and install IE7 if that is possible...

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi again,

Can you produce this error across any document? Try a fresh document with a simple inline load and a listbox.

This is to check that its not some legacy QlikView compatibility that is the cause of this. I've stumbled across strange behaviors with documents we have use on different versions.

Not applicable
Author

Issue solved in v9 SR2

Regards.