Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub

Hi everyone,

Several different incarnations of my svgReader extension exist out there on community, hidden on QlikMarket, etc. and it's difficult making updates and pointing people to the most recent version.  Also, I plan on making some major enhancements to it soon, and I want to make sure people know where to go to get the latest and greatest version.

So, I've decided to start hosting the extension on GitHub:

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11

I'll be making all bug fixes and enhancements within this repository so please download the extension from here from now on.

Also, I greatly encourage you to add your own SVG maps to the repository so we can all benefit from the maps people have been making.

Thanks!

75 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

How can add original image in background SVG file so that image clarity is maintained?

Regards

Ramu

Not applicable

I'm able to use the map provided after installation of the Extension.

Also, I'm able to link the QVW with the SVG when I've created a key "Id".

Then, further, I want to have my own images.

Therefore, I've created a SVG file.

I input the file path into "Load SVG path", but, nothing was gonna happen.

May I know how could I select it?

Thank you, Brian!

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

You have to place the SVG into the folder for the extension.  YOu can figure out where to find that folder here:

How to use extensions

Then once it's added to the folder, just type in the name of the SVG only.  So if your SVG was named "provinces.svg" type that name into the box.

Not applicable

Downloaded qar and both qvw files. The Sweden application is working whereas US app is not able to open up showing error like "Navigation webpage was cancelled". More over please provide a guide line to use this extensions.

Regards

S Ray

Not applicable

Hi Brian, svg map is a great extension and is ideal for something I am working on atm.

However, I was wondering if it was possible, currently or with a small add in the code, to allow the image to show things like arrow styles on a line or text? I am creating a nodal view for a client and if I draw arrows between the nodes in inkscape, when in qlikview they only show up as lines, obviously because your code only takes into account the start and end points.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

aronelston
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brian,

I've been using the svgMap for a couple months and it's working great, but I'm looking to take it to the next level.  I am currently working with a client and they have a need for me to be able to map to the census tract level.  I have had a very hard time locating a svg file that goes down to the census tract level.  However, on the Census website, they have an ftp site that has a great repository of maps, but they are all in shp file format.  We have been attempting to conver the shp files to svg files and I can now view the svg files we have created in a web browser successfully, but still cannot view them in Qlikview. This is a critical need for us and I'm hoping maybe you could help us to determine what the issue is exactly. Please let me know if you would need any details and I can also provide copies of the svg files we have converted and the shp files they are based on.  Thanks!

Aron

Not applicable

Brian, I think I have found a small bug in the extension related to the Popup Contents.

I'm using the US map svg.

When the "Ignore fill:none" and "Element Border" options are selected, the previously valid Popup Contents value still shows up even after filtering down to a sub-region.

If the Disabled Color is none, the value is only visible when hovering over the state border.  If the disabled color is actually a color (#C0C0C0), the Popup Contents value still displays for all entries - including the disabled states.

I discovered that if I filter the state, switch tabs, and then come back, the Popup Contents are properly not displayed for the disabled region.

Please let me know if you need any additional clarification.

Thank you!

Brad

Not applicable

Brian,

Are the example QVWs still there?  All I can see are images, SVG files, and files that are part of the extension

Thanks

Not applicable

I found that the code does not hide the hoverbox for regions that are disabled.

I modified the Script.js file to set the value of the disabled region hoverbox to "N/A".  I found that if I completely hid the hoverbox, I wasn't able to select the disabled region to change my selection.

If someone else can modify the code to make the disabled region still selectable, yet hide the hoverbox, please share!

Here is the code change I made in case others want to use it as well.

Original Code Snippet

else if (window["sj" + r]) {
                window["R" + r].forEach(function(e) {
                    if (e.attr("fill") != h && e.attr("fill") != "none") {

e.attr("fill", h);
                        e.attr("fill-opacity", 1)
                    }
      });

Modified Code Snippet

else if (window["sj" + r]) {
                window["R" + r].forEach(function(e) {
                    if (e.attr("fill") != h && e.attr("fill") != "none") {

// BEGIN - Edit to hide the values of the unselected locations
                e.mousemove(popS).hover(function() {
                    $("#hoverBox p").html("N/A")
                }, function() {
                    $("#hoverBox").hide()
                })
                // END

e.attr("fill", h);
                        e.attr("fill-opacity", 1)
                    }
      });

Not applicable

Hi Aron,

Were you able to get this to work?  Would you be willing to share the steps you took to convert the SHP file to SVG?  I'm trying to do the same thing, but I'm fairly new to the mapping world and can't seem to be able to figure it all out. 

Alternatively, if you're able/willing to share the SVG file, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,
Carlos