Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to open a file when added to Source Control

Hi,

I have recently connected the version of Qlikview installed on my local machine to TFS. I've decided to test it out with a basic qvw file to see how it works. But as soon as I add the file to Source Control and it finishes I get an error message saying that I am no longer able to open the file. The message is as below:

"Access Denied.

This file was created by a licensed QlikView user and since you are using a QlikView Personal Edition you may not open this file"

Further messages then show saying that the document failed to open.

Does this mean that TFS integration can't be used with the Personal Edition, or have i just set it up wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's correct TFS integration cannot be used if you're using QV Personal Edition. The idea of PE is that you can only work with documents you create with that installation of PE. Sharing the code through a software versioning system like TFS would work around that limitation, so it's not allowed either.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's correct TFS integration cannot be used if you're using QV Personal Edition. The idea of PE is that you can only work with documents you create with that installation of PE. Sharing the code through a software versioning system like TFS would work around that limitation, so it's not allowed either.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Makes sense. Thank you for your quick reply