Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Specific URL Redirect

I have a qlikview server that is being used for multiple dashboards in the company.  One internal customer would like to have there own URL URL1.comanyname.com drop them directly into their dashboard/document.  Simple, they want to bypass the Acess Point page if they type URL1.company.com.

Is this accomplishable in Qlikview?

How does my team accomplish this? 

Disclaimer:I am sorry if this has been answered before, I have not been able to find a clear answer after 2-3 days of searching.  Thank you for the responses in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christopher,

If you open an application from accesspoint you can copy the "direct" link from the browser. It actually takes you via the accesspoint but you will not be landing on the actual portal page. This link can then be used as a direct link to the application and you can set a URL to redirect to it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christopher,

If you open an application from accesspoint you can copy the "direct" link from the browser. It actually takes you via the accesspoint but you will not be landing on the actual portal page. This link can then be used as a direct link to the application and you can set a URL to redirect to it.

Not applicable
Author

Just for clarification then my networking team would take our URL1.companyname.com and point it to the direct link and that should handle what I am trying to accomplish ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Johannes,

We have been running Version 11 SR2 and recently upgraded to SR5 to resolve some bugs.  In our environment we do not let the end user see the AccessPointat all.  Instead we present a web based portal of our own making which displays only the links to reports that they are allowed to view.  Much like you say above, its a long URL but by doing this we force what report they open and the use of IEPlugin.

This means that the user would open our web page, click on a report link and have that report open in another browser tab without any evidence of AccessPoint.

Since going to SR5 they are now taken to AccessPoint on the first click.  but if they close the AccessPoint browser window and click on our report link again, the proper report opens up.

We have updated to the latest IEPlugin but still have no luck.   Everything works fine with AJAX but we prefer IEPlugin as it renders the reports much nicer and seems to handle large listboxes better.

Any clues as to why this problem is occuring?

Regards,

John.

Not applicable
Author

John,

we had the same requirement, but in Ajax-mode, not IE-plugin mode.  I copied the default login.htm ([installdir]\QlikView\Web\login.htm) and added the redirect just before the end of the </body>-tag.  URL = http://[DNS]/qlikview/Dashboard-X.htm

The default 'included' javascripts do the SSO-login for you.  We needed to keep these scripts in the page 'Dashboard-X.htm', otherwise it was not working in safari on the Ipad.  Maybe this can help you.

I have another question: how do you check if the user has access to the dashboard?  When we use a redirect and the user has no access, the window remain empty.  No errormessage appear.  We would like to catch the access to the dashboard and display a user-friendly message: 'Please request access to the Dashboard x'.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Geert,

apologies for the lateness of my reply.  I don't check my mailbox very often.

You asked how we check if the user has access to a dashboard?  Well we have developed a simple browser app on our intranet that links to 3 different db tables.   These tables contain 1) total list of users who want access to QV reporting, 2) Total list of all reports on production 3) Total list of all permissions (ie: User A has access to Report B) etc.

We use NTSID detection in the browser app to identify the user then display the hyperlinks to the reports they are permitted to view.

Really, if anyone knew the url for a given report they could probably access it - within our intranet. But the more sensitive reports are locked down using Section Access.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

John.