Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Username and Password by accessing accesspoint

hi guys,

I have a accesspoint to access my server. I have a distribution task in my publisher where I am a Recipient in the task Management. I am using Qv8.5

My question is when I am opening the internet explorer and calling my accesspoint

http://10.27.34.77/accesspoint

sometimes I get a Username and Password and sometimes not.

What can be the reason?

Thanks

Sravan

17 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

are you always going by the ip-number or sometimes by the machine-name? it can differ which "security zone" ie puts the site in and how "trusted" it is.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

HI Lars,

I always call by IP number as above http://10.27.34.77/accesspoint

Do u mean I have to check in the Internet explorer-> Internetoptions-> security??

lhr
Employee
Employee

yes, but if you are always using the ip-number, the ie security zones most likely have nothing to do with it. is an internet explorer login or a custom accesspoint login?

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

What does it say in the status bar (next to the zoom tool in the bottom of the IE window) when you go to the accesspoint? It should say Local Intranet I guess?

Under Internet Options >SecuritY> Local Intranet select custom level... and scroll to the bottom. There you can find user authentication options. Select Automatic Login in intranet zone...

Then there should be an setting in Advanced under Internet Options that says something about "Enabling Integrated Authentication" or something like that. I think you have to select that one as well but I am not sure.

Hope this works

/Fredrik

Not applicable
Author

@ lars

It is through Internet explorer and by accessing a Publisher Accesspoint. The customers login through the windows Name and Password...

Thanks

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

In Internet Eplorer check that integrated authentication is checked (Internet Explorer

Tools -> Internet Options then in Advanced Tab

Go into Security node and "Enable Integrated authentication" should be checked if not, do it and retry.

Rgds,

Not applicable
Author

@Spastor:

Will that work without allowing Automatic logon in Intranet zone?

Where I am working I had to go in and change that setting for it to work (My users are in another domain that our QV server though which might affect this?)

/F

Not applicable
Author

Am not sure, you should try it but if users are not in the same domain, maybe you will have to use QVS users i/o AD's...

Not applicable
Author

Ok. Right now we set up a "fake" AD user in the domain where the QV server is for every user outside the domain wanting to access qv.

/F