Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read field data from section access

Hi,

I am wondering if there's a way to read the actual section access values, here's the scenario.

I've got a huge file, lets say 115 columns, 30 of those columns are payments related. Some people will be allowed to see them but other wont, it would be crazy using OMIT (if that's what I should really use), so I was thinking about adding one boolean column in section access called something like "PaymentsAllowed". Then in qlikview I can conditionally show those columns using that boolean column.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

No Need to read Section ACCESS.

Indeed, do create a boolean column "PAYMENTSALLOWED" (upper case in the section access)

This column don't required to be linked to the datamodel.

Add in Section Application,

LOAD NTAME ,

PPAYMENTSALLOWED

Resident [YourSectionAccessTable];

Since Section access is applied at opening you get for each user one island table with a single boolean value you can use in the condition Show

Michael

View solution in original post

8 Replies
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

No Need to read Section ACCESS.

Indeed, do create a boolean column "PAYMENTSALLOWED" (upper case in the section access)

This column don't required to be linked to the datamodel.

Add in Section Application,

LOAD NTAME ,

PPAYMENTSALLOWED

Resident [YourSectionAccessTable];

Since Section access is applied at opening you get for each user one island table with a single boolean value you can use in the condition Show

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Michaël!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

i also require exactly the mentioned case. I now got the table with my NTNAME's listed also in the section access in my application.

The table has about 50 NTNAME's. How do i manage to compare the NTNAME's with OSUSER function and the boolean flag to decide if i hide or show an object for the user?

No idea how to search the NTNAME attribute for the corresponding OSUSER.

Regards

Markus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Markus,

In your load script do it like this:

LOAD if(upper(OSUser())=NTNAME,SEENAMES) as SEENAMES
Resident SA
where not IsNull(if(upper(OSUser())=NTNAME,SEENAMES));

SA is the name I gave to my section access table,

I'm using upper because my access list has the NT all in capitals, seenames has TRUE/FALSE value. Doing this you'll get 1 unique value, then you can use it as it was a variable. For example in conditional show: SEENAMES = 'TRUE'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar,

thanks for the reply. But your example only checks OSUSER() on script load runtime isn't it?

So if i use the example the load statement just extracts my NTNAME  but i need to have all users with true flag extracted and then they have to be checked in the show condition online as this is a server application.

Markus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah sorry, that's right... ok so just use set analysis in condition:

=Maxstring({<NTNAME={$(=OSUSER())}>} SEENAMES) = 'TRUE'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar,

thanks for the hint. Set Analysis was not in my mind to filter the table. As i now see the sytnax it is as simple as it is.

Thanks

Markus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I'm new to the qlikview.I have the below requirement.please let me know how to achieve column level data reduction with filtering of data. using Boolean condition.

source table....second table I need output below format.

please help me.