Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting a chart to a specific granule level

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could possibly solve my problem.

I need to set a particular chart(may be bar) to a specific granule level so that filter should get ineffective after that and then other chart to another granule level from the same table.

Basically, I have to do some sort of comparison between charts. If anybody could answer this that would be helpful.

Regards,

Varun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

IF you think that this will solve your problem, kindly close this thread by selecting CORRECT answer.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Dear Varun,

There is a good functionality in QlikView to compare two different Dimension over the same expressions.

Alternate State

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your help.

I will try to implement using 'Alternate State' and I think this should work. Incase if I am facing any issues I would reach out for help again.

Kind Regards,

Varun

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Please check enclosed file..

If you question resolved, please close this thread by choosing CORRECT or HELPFUL answer.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Manish,

Appreciate your help, this has solved my problem.

I do have one more question around this:- If I were to create one bar chart with 2 expressions, can I use Alternate state between them? Basically, Instead of creating two different charts can I use only one chart with two expressions for the comparison and do some sort of Alternate state setting between them? I think I may have to use combination of Alternate and set analysis...

Thanks again!!

Varun

Not applicable
Author

And I cannot open QWV file you sent as I am using personal edition.. Soon I will be getting licensed version of it..

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can...

Try below where S1 and S2 are two different Alternate States

=sum({S1}Sales)

and

sum({S2}Sales)

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Consider that you want to compare all customer's this year vs last year sales.

Create Two Different Alternate State S1 and S2

Now Create Two Different List BOX with dimension Year... One List Box is having Alternate State S1 and other with S2

Create a Bar Chart.. Alternate state should be default

Dimension = Customer

Expression 1 = sum({<Year = S1::Year>}Sales)

Expression 2 = sum({<Year = S2::Year>}Sales)

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Right.. Nice Idea.. I am sure this would work.. Thanks

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

IF you think that this will solve your problem, kindly close this thread by selecting CORRECT answer.