Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percent Sign Trouble

I am showing a Percentage using =NUM( SUM( IF ( Field1 > variable,1,0 ) )/ Count( Distinct Trips ),'##%') as my expression.

The font style I have selected is Arial Bold size 36.

This produces a good size number which is what I am looking for, but I do not like that the  % symbol is also so large.

Does anyone know how I can shrink it down and still leave it as part of the expression?

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jeremy,

The short answer is that you cannot. Everything within the same text object will have the same size. So if you want to somehow "customize" the size of individual items you will have to use for example additional text objects with smaller font sizes (or extensions, of course).

Miguel

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Create two different expression, If you using this in Text Box

=NUM( SUM( IF ( Field1 > variable,1,0 ) )/ Count( Distinct Trips ),'##,##')/100

and

One More Simple text box with only % inside it.

Now put this 2nd text box on the top of 1 so that it will appear after number...

also make sure the second text box should be having TOP layout

This can be done by select TOP from Layout tab.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, since settings like font and size apply to expression output as a whole.

Your question is sparse on details of the context. IS your expression used in a text box? In a Pivot/Straight table? In a caption?

In a Straight table, you could define a second column with fixed content (just a %) that is left aliigned. Text properties for the '%'-column can then be tuned using the Custom Format Cell-dialog (i.e. text size can be reduced to 80%) You can remove the cell border between the two as well.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Done!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author