Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clicking discussion link from Google is redirecting me to the Community Homepage

I often prefer to do a Google search to find QlikView discussions first before I use the forum specific search.  Today I noticed that now when I click a discussion in Google  it redirects me to the Community Homepage and not to the discussion.  I was wondering if this happens to anyone else.

Google Problem.png

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

I am having someone look at this. Will keep you posted.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for sharing Michael-

That is strange. I just tested out a few searches on google for your terms to see if I could duplicate the situation. It does look like google search is directing some links to the home page but others are going to the thread. I would imagine that is a caching issue. We went live with a new domain last night. Hopefully this situation will resolve itself within a couple of days. Could you check back later this week if you are still experiencing this issue?

Best Regards, Sara

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think it is directing to community.qlikview.com..., but it changed to community.qlik.com...

I had to update my bookmark today because of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any update on this?  As Michael stated, it is still directing to community.qlik.com and not community.qlik.com.  

Google Problem2.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It seemed not to be a problem initially, going to qlik.com or qlik.com seemed to work okay.

It is not just Google searches that are an issue, anyone that has a saved link to a document (including some internal links within Jive) will have broken links at the moment.  I have a page on my own web site that links to a lot of my Community posts and I had to change all of those links.  I am sure I have others out there which will now not work.

It would be a shame if all of the easy access to fantastic content we have here is lost while everything gets re-indexed.

Steve

mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

I think it was growing pains of changing over the community. I was getting scared as well!

mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

I take that back, looks like its still broken