cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview's SAP Connector and Auditing SAP

Dear All,

I have a question.

I am aware Qlikview can connect to the SAP using SAP connector and extract the information directly.

On the other hand, can it also read the security information?

SAP connector need PFCG, SE11, ST05 and access to all SAP tables. if the situation like this, my client said it can impact when they do the SAP audit and lead to security issues.

Is is true?

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Simply No

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Cindy

Qlikview SAP Connecter doesn't include a ready-made solution for SAP security.

However, almost all of SAP security is implemented in application database tables (whose data you see in PFCG etc..) Hence, it's possible to extract the data from these tables and implement it as security in QlikView applications.

I led such project that reflected SAP-BW analysis authorizations in QlikView Applications.

Thanks

Yaniv

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can extract that information to the sap table and use them to visualite in qlikview

good luck!

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

The SAP Connector comes with pre defined Role for Development and have to be adjusted to ensure all requirements for the SAP System are matched.

From the manual:

The Connector package includes Roles and Profiles, but these should be seen as suggestions to be used in development environments. Parts of the development process of the QlikView applications will be to create the necessary authorization in Production Roles.