Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omerfaruk
Creator
Creator

Initializing QlikView Document - Asp.NET Qlikview Workbench

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an Asp.Net project using Qlikview workbench.

My target is -pretending like unaware of the documents- investigating the documents available on the server and their objects.

And then letting the user select which document to use and what objects (s)he wants to view.

1) Is there any way to use GetAllDocuments() function before initialize any of the documents? (Because Initialization requirement sounds nonsense to me in my case...)

2) I achieved to get the documents somehow and would like to ask the user which object (s)he wants to use, so I will initialize the selected document with a code like following:

Qv.InitWorkBench({ View: 'Movies Database', BodyOnLoadFunctionNames: ['init'] });

As I am to initialize the requested document, instead of 'Movies Database' I need to insert a variable as following:

var doc = Qv.GetDocument(docName);

How do I pass docName value to 'view' attribute of the InitWorkBench() function?

Any help appreciated..

3 Replies
vikasmahajan

Can you please give me full details along with license cost of work bench I want to explore this because our company want to give access of qlikview more than 3500+ users .

Awaiting for your valuable reply.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
omerfaruk
Creator
Creator
Author

As I'm working as a developer I don't have enough knowledge about your question.

Omer

omerfaruk
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

The second problem has been resolved. The bad side is, when initialize the document using variables within a function, it doesn't allow me to do so. Outside of a function, it initializes normally.

First question is still a problem.