Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't re-open my own file on my unique Qlikview PE.

Hello,
I'm having some issue re-opening my own file on my computer.
I only worked from this one, and it's the only one with QV install on it, but a message saying I can't recuperate anymore files with this Qlikview PE. Is this a bug ?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you open dashboards form another people ?

If so, you have lost your license.

CB.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Yes I did....
What does it means ?
I "lost my license" only for this file, or also for any other file ?

I won't be able to use QV anymore ?

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If there's a -prj directory where your document is save remove that -prj directory. It sometimes happens that Qlikview creates this directory for version control. With PE you can't use versioning. Removing this directory removes the version control for the document so it's possible to open the document again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert:
I can notice you know much about versioning so, I'll make you a question before is too late.

I have a PE, i opened many other's dashboards and examples from sites all around the web until i coud not do it anymore, even my own dashboards.

Can you explain me, if you were so kind, what can i do to revert this.

Many thanks in advance.

CB.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you've used up all four recovery actions then you can no longer open any previously created documents. You can only create new documents and open these. Each recovery action causes a new PE license key to be generated. The result is that you can't open documents that were created with previous license keys. So unless you buy/lease a license key for Qlikview Desktop you cannot open those documents anymore.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, I was afraid of that.