Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the difference between QlikView when compared to other BI tool

Hi All,

What is the difference between QlikView when compared to others tools such as SAP BO or Cognos and etc. As I don't have experience in working with anyother BI tool. I would like to know the difference between them.

Thanks,

Attitude

5 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi

check this link.Qlikview is in memeory tool works on RAM not like other traditional Bi tools like cognos and SAP BO

etc.we can explore the data in multiple ways not like specified path in traditional path.

check the link.

in addition to above it adds some points.

Inmemory in Qv

regards

Mahesh T

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Here is how QlikView works...

QlikView loads the data for each application/QVW file. Although, once the data is loaded then for next user it will not reload the data again...rather it will use the existing data set and QlikView has very clever caching algorithm and it effeciently uses the existing calculation. However, I thought I would share my understanding about the architecture...hope this will be useful.

The data records are read into the memory, so that all the processing of data may be done through memory. I am sure you know this bit. QlikView treats all the data as Data Element Type (Columns / Fields) and Data Element Values (Values / Records). So each different data element value of each data element type is assigned a binary code and the data records are stored in binary-coded form and they are also sorted. By using the binary coding, very quick searches can be done on the tables. Also, QlikView removes the redundant information information and reduces the amount of data. However, the redundant information in stored as seperately with the frequencies for each unique data element value and across each data element type. When user makes a selection on data element values then the implied selection (possible values) are kept track seperately to present them to the user. By this process QlikView can perform rapid linear searches.

I understand this is not in detail but just a quick overview. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Since you are new ...

In Laymen Terms

Qlikview does processing In Memory. Its very fast.

It forms Joins / associations automatically between tables, while other BI Tools dont.

It has better visualizations as compared Traditional BI Tools.

It is self service BI Oriented, i.e. A lot of Analysis can be performed by End Users, without IT Involvement or with very Less IT Involvement.

Rapid Implementation as  compared to other BI Tools.

Less Effort

More User Friendly

Regards

Pankaj