Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Bar chart: How to add a title to the y-axis?

Hi guys,

This is probably easy since it is easy in programs in Excel and Matlab but I've spent hours now to figure out how to add a title to the x- or y-axis in a bar chart.

For example I would like to add the string '[millisecconds]' as an explanation to the y-axis.

It should preffer it printed from the bottom and up. Located in the center of the axis to the left of the numbers belonging to the y-axis-scale.

/Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Andy,

In QV 9.0 SR1 go to your char properties (right click over the chart -> "Properties"), in the "Number" tab. See there the "Symbol" field and write there the "label" for Y-axis. Then go to the "Dimensions" tab and when adding a dimension, check "Label" and write what you want to see in the X-axis.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Andy,

In QV 9.0 SR1 go to your char properties (right click over the chart -> "Properties"), in the "Number" tab. See there the "Symbol" field and write there the "label" for Y-axis. Then go to the "Dimensions" tab and when adding a dimension, check "Label" and write what you want to see in the X-axis.

Hope this helps!

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Perfect!

Number->Symbol of course that is hard to find when looking for axis->title. Thanks!

Not applicable

Hi, Please how do you make the y-axis words instead of numbers? Is that possible?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Dan,

It is indeed, just type any text (or expressions) in the correspondent "Symbol" textbox (thousands, millions...) under "Number" tab -> "Symbol".

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Is something similar possible under 8.5 for combo charts?

In particular, I have an axis on the left for one of my expressions and an axis on the right for the other. To begin with, I cant find how to label them at all, so currently you cant tell which side belongs to which expression, and secondly I would like to put custom labels to specify that one axis is in thousands and the other is not.