Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade from SBE to EE - How tricky?

Hello!

We're just about to upgrade from Small Business Edition to Enterprise Edition.

Couldn't find and guidance here or elsewhere on the web for the upgrade.

Does anyone have any experience? Is is easy?

Cheers!

15 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Steve,

I have asked for his license keys offline so I can test to see if I can reproduce the issue. Not sure what would happen if you added session license or useage to the key.  So, right now I am waiting on him to reply to my QlikView email I sent him.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I did the same thing some days ago (change license from SBE to EE)

The cal remained (document and named)

Perhaps the difference is I didn't clear the license ("Clear License" button), step 1 in Ravi list ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Massimo,

I missed that, and that might be what happened. Thanks for your input.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if this is the reason I have to thank Stephen Redmond because I read it in his book "Qlikview Server and Publisher"

"

The first button, Clear License, does exactly that. It will remove the QlikView

Server license and leave the server in an unlicensed and unusable state. There is

another side effect of this—all of your Named User license and Document license

assignments will be removed

"

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

yes I did clicked the first button (as Ravi said) and I also think that this was the cause of all my problems about the Upgrade.

I think that this argument should be better described on official documentation because it can be a really dangerous task.

Now I'm aware for the next time but what if my doc and named CAL were 1000 instead of 100?

Bill I'm searching for the old license number, do you still need it?

Thanks Massimo for your clear answer, I think it could help many.

Bye

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Rabio,

No, not being you said you clear the license first.

Bill