Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data label on Pie Chart

Hello I just started using Qlik View. When i create pie charts in Qlik View, i am not able to figure out how to make the data labels appear on chart. Under the Expressions tab i tried the 'text on data point" and "numbers on data point' both are showing numbers only. My dimensions include sum(sales) and products. is there a way to show Product names near sum(sales) on pie chart and not in legend.

4 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Rini

Check the Presentation tab of your chart and that you have PopUp labels checked. You should be able to get an image like this

Not applicable
Author

Hello John

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get to that point, But what i am asking is, Is there an option to display chart like this

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Create a second expression with the label you want (in your case, something like ="Product", or ="Year" for the chart above) and checkmark text on data point and text on pop up. I'm going to try to attach an example, but the forum has been having trouble for me, so I don't expect this to work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

Do you know how to get this to work in a pie chart with 2 dimensions?

It works, in the sense that I can add an expression that displays the 2 dimensions as text, but the expression is printed inside the inner circle (i.e. the first dimension) whereas I would like to have it printed inside the outer circle (2nd dimension).

Cheers,

Toine