Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help in Creating List box/buttons based on the calculated columns of pivot table

Hello ,

Would really appreciate your help on my below concern

• I have created a pivot table with a few calculated columns and have renamed those columns according to the requirement.
  • Now i need to create a list box or relevant object which should be capable of holding all those renamed columns as multiple selection buttons

To explain more on that

i have server models a,b,c,d ... as my dimentions and i have Memory , processors , harddrives , controllers on the columns which are calculated columns ...

now i need to have Memory , Processor  harddrives as seperate objects outside the table so that i can select which ever i want only to be shown

can you help here please ??

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Below mentioned snapshot is what i get when i click on reply

I dont get to see any attach / advanced filter option ..;. how do i go about getting it ??

UPload.JPG.jpg

kiranmanoharrode
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Ravi,

I think you have to show only those calculated dimension which are selected in list box. so as per my understanding solution will be

1. Create Inline table which wont linked to your data model.
  • it will include 4 records as your dimension.  Memory , processors , harddrives , controllers. Give field name as per your requirement. for ex. Dimension will be your field name. and it will include 4 records.

2. Now Enable condition for the calculated dimensions.

for example we want report as per Memory and Controllers

Condition for Calculated Dimension Memory will be:

if(GetSelectedCount(Dimension)>0 and wildmatch(Concat(DISTINCT Dimension,','),'Memory'),1,0)

Condition for Calculated Dimension Controllerswill be:

if(GetSelectedCount(Dimension)>0 and wildmatch(Concat(DISTINCT Dimension,','),'Controllers'),1,0)

Create condition for your all dimensions.

and Include inline field Dimension in list box and enable check box in for multiple selection

I hope it will be help you.

Regards

Kiran Rode

+91 8976977897

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please Save this dialog with some text and try to edit,you may see the use advanded editor or attach link then

Not applicable
Author

dfgsDFsdfDFSDFDfsdfasdf

Not applicable
Author

Oops , m sorry , it was a typo

Not applicable
Author

in your inbox click see following image and click on that in your inbox then you can attch qvw files

inbox.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Finally could attach the QVW.

Could you please help in getting conditional hide /show columns which has expressions based on the selection

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I have attached the QVW now.

Can you please look through this and help me out

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What do you want to have in your Memory list box? Numbers like below?

Memory.png

Further, your data model seems incomplete. Should there not be a link between Basctry and AttachWW?

Table view.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric ,

Memory is a calculated column like below

=if(V_Attach=0,(Sum([Units Memory_Attach]))/(Sum([Units Server_only_Attach])),(Sum([NetRev Memory_Attach]))/(Sum([NetRev Server_only_Attach])))

where V_Attach is a variable used like a toggle switch , when U:U is selected in my qvw , it should perform first half of the calculation else when $:$ is selected the second half calculation should be displayed

the data model is like that , BASCTRY and ATTACH are two different things and hence no relation