Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combining two graphs

Hi,

Basically I want to combine the following two graphs, in the way that the average values are in the background of the time series' absolute values (that the absolute value of a month can easily be compared to its historical average, so graph 1 is repeated 6 times in the background of graph 2).

1.png

Dimension = Month

Expression =Avg({1}$(Heat))

2.png

First dimension = Year

Second dimension = Month

Expression = Heat

I tried set analisys and TOTAL, but i couldn't figure it out. Is there a way?

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use combo chart...

Not applicable
Author

Combining the types of graphs isn't my problem, combining the two different dimensions of the graphs (month, and Year & Month) is my problem.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you load your sample apps or excel file?

Not applicable
Author

The excel in the attachment.

Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Willem,

I attached a working solution, where I pre-calculated the average in the script. There is one issue however - I needed to reduce number dimensions to only one as there seems to be an issues with line graphs and two dimensions;

Combined_.png

If I use two dimensions, Year first, this is the result:

Issue.png

I have noticed previously that lines in combination with several dimensions behave very strangely. Even stranger is that two dimensions work if I swap the Year and Month dimension:

By month.png

Hope this will help you. I have attached the file.

/Christian

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Christian. Looks allright! I'm going to have a go at this.

I, too, noticed the strange behaviour of the two dimensions. Should we report this?

Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am glad to hear I could help you! Thanks.

I am not sure it is worthwhile reporting the issue. It has been around for a long time, and I am sure they are aware of it. There are after all workarounds, so it is not critical. Now, with Qlikview Next around the corner, I would guess Qlik will spend very little resources for fixing minor bugs in this release.

/Christian

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se