Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I organize dimensions in ad-hoc reporting

We have implemented ad-hoc reporting where the user gets to pick from a list of dimensions and metrics. We are going to expand our usage and want to give the user a TON of dimensions (40+) to choose from but this is aesthetically unpleasant and difficult to use if we just put them in a big scroll box.

Has anyone ever 'grouped' dimensions in order to create a better user experience? For example if we have 40 dimensions that are part of 4 groups, just those 4 groups would show, and the user would 'expand' one of those groups and pick one or two dimensions from group one, then expand group 2 and choose one from group two, etc. etc.

I haven't been able to find anything like this in any of the QV demos so hoping someone has given it a try. Thanks!

-Mitch

11 Replies
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

If your are using Table chart then It will automatically enables Horizontal scroll bar. So you can manage multiple KPIs within a limited space.

If you have disable scroll bar enable it by using enabled scroll bar property of chart.

Thanks

Sanket

Not applicable
Author

Hi, This is great. Alan, Thanks But I dont see the sample QVW. Can you pls attach.

Thanks,

Bharath