cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sap connect error

hi

i have error about sap connect error following:

Fetch aborted, due to an unexpected exception. Key = TIMEOUT ( Number:000)
11/3/2009 3:12:26 PM: General Script Error
11/3/2009 3:12:26 PM: Execution Failed
11/3/2009 3:12:26 PM: Execution finished."

i can't load data from sap and how i setting 8 extra parameter (timeoutopen,maxopenretries,timeout fetch,log,logpath,logfile,trace,pacdetsize)

can i setting value more than defult value how i do please help me

thank you and bast regard

noulkanok

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Noulkanok,

I've had this problem occur in my system. The problem was Qlikview as taking a long time to read data from SAP BW because the table it was trying to read from didn't have an index on the field that qlikivew was using in it's where clause.

After we created an index this dramatically improved perfrormance and the it didn't time out.

On about by page 18 or 19, of the Qlikview Connector for SAP it explains how to use the adiitional parameters. These parameters go in the connection string.

Hope that helps.

Adrian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Noulkanok,

I've had this problem occur in my system. The problem was Qlikview as taking a long time to read data from SAP BW because the table it was trying to read from didn't have an index on the field that qlikivew was using in it's where clause.

After we created an index this dramatically improved perfrormance and the it didn't time out.

On about by page 18 or 19, of the Qlikview Connector for SAP it explains how to use the adiitional parameters. These parameters go in the connection string.

Hope that helps.

Adrian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adrian

in page 18 explain for how to use addition patameter it's mean in 8 parameter you can add some parameter in to connection string.

example: i connect sap

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPConnector;ASHOST=10.10.99.8;SYSNR=00;CLIENT=802;XUserId=NGMQYYRNJbaMXUVMXLcB;XPassword=eVLMRYRNJbaMXUVMXTbA;";

if you want to add more parameter (add for writes log file)

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPConnector;ASHOST=10.10.99.8;SYSNR=00;CLIENT=802;XUserId=NGMQYYRNJbaMXUVMXLcB;XPassword=eVLMRYRNJbaMXUVMXTbA;Log=1;";

and if you want add more [Add for timeoutopen more than default value (60 seconds)]

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPConnector;ASHOST=10.10.99.8;SYSNR=00;CLIENT=802;XUserId=NGMQYYRNJbaMXUVMXLcB;XPassword=eVLMRYRNJbaMXUVMXTbA;Log=1;Timeoutopen=600;";

i hope you understand and you can ask me more Smile

Noulkanok