Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help in Creating List box/buttons based on the calculated columns of pivot table

Hello ,

Would really appreciate your help on my below concern

• I have created a pivot table with a few calculated columns and have renamed those columns according to the requirement.
  • Now i need to create a list box or relevant object which should be capable of holding all those renamed columns as multiple selection buttons

To explain more on that

i have server models a,b,c,d ... as my dimentions and i have Memory , processors , harddrives , controllers on the columns which are calculated columns ...

now i need to have Memory , Processor  harddrives as seperate objects outside the table so that i can select which ever i want only to be shown

can you help here please ??

23 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can always create a calculated dimension through

=Aggr(

if(V_Attach=0,(Sum([Units Memory_Attach]))/(Sum([Units Server_only_Attach])),(Sum([NetRev Memory_Attach]))/(Sum([NetRev Server_only_Attach]))),

Server Model_Attach)

You can find "<Expression>" at the bottom of the field list in the List Box properties.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

You can add the calculated dimension in the <Expression> part of the list box.

Add the same expression there which u have added in the calculated column in pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

I did add a listbox with this as an expression but seems like its not returning / yielding any result

Not applicable
Author

i created a list box and added the expression provided by Henric which is

=Aggr(if(V_Attach=0,(Sum([Units Memory_Attach]))/(Sum([Units Server_only_Attach])),(Sum([NetRev Memory_Attach]))/(Sum([NetRev Server_only_Attach]))),'Server Model_Attach')

and the list box returned just nothing and if i try changing it in the Pivot table it just returns - and no values

i want to have the columns in the pivot table to be appearing in the list box which will help me to select multiple metrics and which ever metrics are selected only values for those metrics should be displayed

i am unable to achieve this with the above procedure