Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Only use section access when opening qv document on server

I'm trying to figure out how to only use section access username to open a qlikview document on server.

• the machine is a Windows machine with qlikview server 9 sr 2 with community license (no publisher), not in a domain

When opening the accesspoint I need to login with anonymous. This part works using ntfs authorization (windows controls file access) and webserver, accesspoint set to authentication 'never'.

Now when I login on the accesspoint, I don't see any documents. With NTFS authorization I'm not able to set the document access to anonymous.

When trying DMS authorization I'm able to set document authorization to anonymous. When I login to the accesspoint I can see the document but when I want to open it, Qlikview gives me a 'No connection' error. I think it has something to do with restrictions on the community license eg no publisher license. I can't set authentication clients to anonymous.

When I set Qlikview webserver authentication to login, I have to login with a machine account and I'm able to access the documents and use the section access login also.

When I set the NTUSER 'IQVS_computername' or ANONYMOUS in the section access it won't work eiter. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lhr
Employee
Employee

yes it means anonymous access to the QVS is not allowed. the accesspoint won't stop you from running as anonymous though, but the QVS won't show you any documents when you do.

cheers,

lars

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

as for NTFS mode, do the IQVS_machine account have access to the files in the filesystem?

an empty NTNAME in section access is the anonymous user, but note that the column must be present (e.g., empty is not NULL).

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

the IQVS_machine has full rights to the documents folder.

When using NTFS, set client authentication to allow anonymous won't work. When I click apply the bullet resets to Prohibit Anonymous. I can login to the accesspoint with user anonymous but I won't see any documents..

lhr
Employee
Employee

it sounds like your license prohibits anonymous access. check system -> licenses -> qlikview server and look for FORCE AUTHENTICATION in the LEF file contents.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

FORCE_AUTHENTICATION;YES;;

This means that anonymous access is not allowed?

This also means that I'm not able to let users login to the accesspoint anonymous and access the qlikview document with section access users?

Thanks for your help Lars!

lhr
Employee
Employee

yes it means anonymous access to the QVS is not allowed. the accesspoint won't stop you from running as anonymous though, but the QVS won't show you any documents when you do.

cheers,

lars