Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II

Mini Waterfall in Table

Hi there,

i was trying to create a mini waterfall in a straight table.

Creating a waterfall chart in QlikView is really easy. I used a rangesum / above combination for the offset, works like a charm!

screenshot 2.jpg

But now i want to mimic the waterfall chart in a straight table, cause i want to have more measures per line.

My idea was to use 2 Segments, using the first one as the offset and then turning it to foll transparency

I tried to copy & paste my offset formula from the chart to the gauge starting value. But no success. I tried to statically set the starting value based on RowNo(), but obviously i can't reference the row number from within this starting measure ?!?

screenshot 2.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this?

I would be greatful for suggestions,

Fabian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Fabian,

I think this is not possible because "Lower Bound" will only calculated once per chart, not per line. I tried to set dynamically in the attached example but doesn't work...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Fabian,

I think this is not possible because "Lower Bound" will only calculated once per chart, not per line. I tried to set dynamically in the attached example but doesn't work...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your effort, Ralf.

Do you think it is a Bug or a feature that the boundry is only calculated per chart. I mean, to draw the gauge, calculation has to be done per line, so from my point of view, that is a mixed logic ?

Cheer,

Fabian

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I think it's a feature. The segment size is static (per chart), the filling/coloring is dynamic (per line).

Astrato.io Head of R&D
marcus_sommer

Perhaps the repeat() function could be an alternative - it depends from the font-type and the adjustment from repeat-counter is tricky, but this approach could work.

- Marcus

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hey, this is a nice and interesting old schoolish ASCII art. Never thought of it.. 😉

Astrato.io Head of R&D