Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I rename an existing QVD without Loading it again?

Hi,

I have a a subroutine which creates a certain QVD with specific name.

another QV app uses this table but under different name.

because I don't want to change the code in the other app, I want to know whether I can change the name of the qvd

without loading it again.

Thanks,

Boris

12 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Boris,

Yes, You can simply select the QVD  by clicking on it and rename it. The data will be unaffected.

Regards.

Siva

marcus_sommer

You could rename manually in the file-system, automatically per batch-file or store this qvd twice with different names - but I recommend to change your scripts. The purpose for creating qvd-files is the reusing in various applications.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I need it to be automatic, thus to make it in the script.

the apps run one after another

Not applicable
Author

I don't want to change the scripts because I need to maintain legacy to older versions of the system.

I need this change only in the extract module.

marcus_sommer

The easiest way is to store this qvd twice with different names.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You don't want to change any existing script code, do you? No renaming in the script, no second STORE added? Then create a new task between the QVD creation task and the QVD usage task.

• With Publisher: make the new task a Supporting Task, create a .CMD or .BAT file in which you copy the old-name QVD to the new-name QVD for the second QVW, and attach it to the Supporting task.
  • Without Publisher: create a QlikView document without UI, and a simple load script containing a single EXECUTE statement. The EXECUTE parameter should be the same copy statement from the .CMD file.

There may be other or simpler solutions.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

This means duplicate data.

and some of the tables are more than 3GB.

This solution will be the last resort.

But for now I will try to modify the generic incremental extract function to let me choose the wanted name for the QVD.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you don't want duplicates for storage space reasons, use MOVE instead of COPY.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

can I use the execute in my load script?

for example, I load a table from Hive and store it into a specific file, then I write the execute.

then again a new Load and another execute.

Is that feasible?