Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

RAM usage high after upgrade QVS 11.2 SR4 / 5

Hi

after we upgraded from QV 11 SR2 to QV 11.2 SR4 (and then SR5) end of November 2013, we experienced a high use of RAM, without any active user and/or session. It fluctuates around 110 +/- 8 GB achieving or surpassing working set Limits. Total RAM in the QVS is 128 Gb

According to the QMC Statistics, we have 16 loaded documents, in the Access Point we have document sizing approx. 25 GB

This issues originates that users cannot open large documents (above 5 Gbs to 9 Gbs) and that the Performance of smaller documents less than 1Gb is very slow. Making filters or using Charts take a lot of time or is practically impossible

Do you have experienced similar issues after the upgrade? With QVS 11 SR2 everything was fine, now authentication, license lease and Performance are not working well

Besides, are there current Tools for measuring object, data model, expression,etc , performance in qlikview documents?
I used the qlikview load Simulator but i cannot see anything wrong there

Thanks for any comments on this.

Felipe

14 Replies
luis_idrovo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Felipe,

Can you please share  how you have resolved this problem?

Thanks in advance

Luis

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what was the problem's root cause?

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, How do you solved the tunneling error? I have try without success....

Not applicable

Hi Felipe,

How did u sort it out?

Cheers

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi

after the QV 11.2 SR4 / SR5 Installation (we did both Upgrades within three weeks, Nov - Dez 2013), we observed several issues, but the most important was the Performance with the Ajax Client for internal and external users.

As said, we have a Qlikview Server and a Web Server IIS on a DMZ, external communication over https

RAM behaved with the Ajax Client as showed in the figure attached. When doing a test operation, the RAM Usage went from 58.6 GB to 119 GB in 10 seconds to go down to 65.8 GB in the next 10 seconds. I did the same on the QV Desktop Server and saw a normal behavior, RAM Usage went from 58.6 to 73.1 GB in 20 Seconds

The apparent problem was the Ajax Client not working correctly  (the plugin was not working, so i could not test it, but theoretically it shall be better, since it connects directly to the QVServer).

Main issues found in our System by the Qliktech Consultant:

- No ISAPI.dll in 11.2 SR5 (for SR4 we installed the ISAPI Filter manually) >>> lead to the main Problem of the installation

- No Traffic in ports 4747 and 4774 for external users, but traffic over 4747 for internal users (Intranet) >> No Tunnel

The solution was to reinstall the web Server and set the Features again, because there was the suspicion that the Installation file (msi) was wrong and that is why the Isapi filter was not automatically installed by qlikview during the Installation process.

After reinstalling, we did not see the RAM Usage behavior again and the tunelling was working fine (PlugIn), what confirmed that the Installation file was not the correct one. However I see that the Memory usage stucks always at 96 GB what was not the behavior before (it was 70-75GB), and decided to buy more RAM, other solution is to restart the QVS on Weekends and free Memory. Unfortunately i cannot objectively compare individual applications or objects, since we have no test System.

hope this helps

felipe

PerformanceCPU.png