Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with AccessPoint login page

Hi,

We have QlikView Server 9 SR2 and we want to use the AccessPoint's default login page, but it seems not to be working. Can somebody explain step-by-step configuration for users authentication via the default login.htm?

This is how our configuration looks like and let's say we use "NTFS Authorization (Windows controls file access)":

error loading image

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

ok, as far as I understood, if we choose to use custom users, we don't need domino ldap and it is only up to we create the users in the qemc?

Questions:

1. What should we type in the path field?

2. From where we can download this ldifimport tool?

3. We have already exported our users into ldif format. Where should we import those file with the ldifimport tool? I saw in older manual something like: "LDIFImport /f=c:\MyLdifFile.ldif /url="http://machine.com/Command Center/" /g=yes" is it the same?

4. Where we can find the API to develop our own plugin?

lhr
Employee
Employee

1. you can press the "get default" button (the one that doesn't look like an X) to get a valid path. for custom users it should always be "Custom". also, if you changed the port i would advise to change it back to the default (4735) or remember to modify the custom user address in the access point settings.

2. it should be on the download site, check 9.00, SR 2 and english.

3. i don't know, hopefully it's documented with the downloaded package.

4. i need to get back to you on this one, but please note that you don't need it if you are going for a custom users solution.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lars,

Finally it goes with custom directory! I have no explanation because we tried exactly this way a week ago but it didn't work. Maybe we did some mistakes and just have to look in the logs.

Yesterday there were some strange exceptions in the logs such as port 4735 was used from another application (we have only qlikview server on this machine?!!?) but with several restarts and some manual work it started working. Then we tried the ldifimport tool... it doesn't work with an exported file from domino ldap. So we searched for some example file and imported it. When importing this way the checkbox to enable user is not checked. We checked it and went to the login page. It finally worked. But I noticed that when you mistake your password it just stays this way. Isn't there some message to pop up or somehow say "you've mistaken your password" ?

Finally I still need the API, because my manager want to connect the qlikview with the existing domino ldap. If someone has already made a plugin it will be nice, if not we will make one. I noticed there are 5 plugins in the DSP plugin directory but the server loads only 4. Let's say we make a plugin. Would it be enough only to place it in this directory so that the server loads it? And I suppose when we have a plugin a new section should appear in the directory service connectors, right? In short after creating the plugin what else should be done?

lhr
Employee
Employee

glad to hear you are making progress.

the qlikview sdk is available with the server installation msi, but it is not installed when you select "full installation", instead you must choose custom installation and manually select it from the list.

when you've made a plugin it should be enough to put it in the DSP plugin folder and restart the DSC, and it should show up in the QEMC. but as i wrote in an earlier post, the login.htm page is made for autheticating with the custom users provider, if you want to authenticate elsewhere (e.g., domino ldap) you need to modify / replace login.htm.

which plugin is the 5th that doesn't get loaded?

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

The log says:

19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:28.9375000 Information Initializing root
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.2968750 Information Loading DSP plugins
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.4062500 Information Scanning directory C:\QvServer\Directory Service Connector\DSPlugins
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.4062500 Information Loading file C:\QvServer\Directory Service Connector\DSPlugins\ActiveDirectory.dll
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.4218750 Information Loaded plugin Active Directory
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.4218750 Information Loading file C:\QvServer\Directory Service Connector\DSPlugins\CustomDirectory.dll
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.6562500 Information Loaded plugin Custom Directory
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.6562500 Information Loading file C:\QvServer\Directory Service Connector\DSPlugins\LocalDirectory.dll
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.6562500 Information Loaded plugin Local Directory
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.6562500 Information Loading file C:\QvServer\Directory Service Connector\DSPlugins\QVSProvider.dll
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.7031250 Information Loading file C:\QvServer\Directory Service Connector\DSPlugins\WindowsNT.dll
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.7031250 Information Loaded plugin Windows NT
19.11.2009 ?. 03:22:29.7031250 Information Loaded 4 plugins

May be QVSProvider is not a plugin?

You didn't say anything about mistaken passwords? To assume there is no functionality in the login page that tells you when you mistake your password?

Yes we've installed the QlikVview SDK in it's folder we can find help about building a plugin, right?

lhr
Employee
Employee

you can disregard the QVSProvider, it is a leftover from 8.5 and is no longer used.

about the lack of feedback in login.htm, it "works as designed", even though one could hope the design is revised somewhere down the line...

yes, in the qlikview sdk there should be some documentation of the interface and a very simple example using an xml file as a user catalogue. also a visual studio project called publishersdk with the interfaces that you need to implement.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

Hi lhr,

If I wanted to authenticate against domino, you mention that I need to have the customize login page. Is this login page need to be pointed to domino LDAP and validate against it? What if the company already had this customize login page,what I need now is basically concentrate on the ticketing?

Not applicable
Author

I am also facing one problem ..

When i am accessing Qv Access Point it is showing blanks in all the drop down list . Can any body explain me why this is happening ...