Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why does the visual appearance of my dashboard change??

Can somebody please help.

I have spent ages designing a new dashboard for my organisation.. I did this on the server and all graphics and spacing have the visual effect I want. When I view it as a basic user logged in it looks horrible?!?! everything as gone from curved to square, colours are different and where tables have transparent backgrounds in the one I designed when viewed via IE they dont

(I am using QV v10)

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try to download latest plugin version

Not applicable
Author

All plugin updates are controlled centrally by our IT department.... its only the latest document I have developed that has this issue... all others are fine..

Is there some sort of formatting condition I have missed in the document itself??

Not applicable
Author

The QV offers lots of effects while designing, but all are not supported by the browser in the AJAX mode (which I suspect is what you are using). Curves, transparency and colors are dealt differently in the browser.

For AJAX, its a common practice to design using the 'WebView' mode (or to frequently check the designs in webview). The WebView is available under 'View' > 'Turn on/off WebView'.

Alternately - the basic user / end user can install a QV plugin which will render the QV dashboard exactly as it is designed in the web browser as well.

Other discussion on the same topic as follows:

AJAX or Plugin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Cath,

there exist two basic QV clients

- windows client (or called fat client) which has to be used for developing, CAN be used for analysing

- WEB-client as

-- ajax (when analysing via Browser like IE, Firefox, ....)

-- IE plugin (works only with one Browser: IE)

Your Analyst coming via Access Point have to use a WEB-client. Ajax or IE-Plugin when possible. Ask your QV (Windows-) Admin to install the IE-Plugin on all Analyst-PCs.

Roland

BTW:

Modern (QV11.20) Ajax-Clients are looking much better then your "old" version. Update ?!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks... for some reason tho I am unable to turn on/of web view when I am designing documents

Have followed the link to the other topic and can see that I am view using AJAX and many end users have no IE plugin installed...

Will have to ask our IT dept to push plugin to all relevant end users for now at least.....

Not applicable
Author

thanks Roland, a very helpful response....

am planning to upgrade to QV v11 soon... its just I am quite new to all this, figuring it out as I go...and dont want eany surprises when I upgrade version?!?!?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Cath,

thank you.

Upgrading from v10 to v11.2 SR5 (the newest version) shouldn't be a big deal. Don't froget to update all three components: Window-Clients, QV-Server and Plugins (if necessary). In doubt: your (local) QV-Partner can assist you.

Regards

Roland