Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User License costs

Hi everyone,

some questions regarding licensing:

- what is the price of a user license?

- has it the only limitation to enable the user to open 1 document at a time?

- can i buy only a user license, or i have to necessarily buy a server license?

Thanks a lot,

Lo.

18 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hopefully you'll find all the answers here...

http://www.qlik.com/uk/explore/pricing

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

I already saw this link, but i prefer to have some "user experience" since it is not completely clear to me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lo,

here the two basic CAL-Types:

With a Named Cals one User can open as many Apps as he likes at one time. And, when opening with a Windows-Client you are able to develop QV-Apps, this means reloading and designing the graph user interface.

So these are normally for IT and Key-(Power-) Users.

A Doc-Cal is assigned to one user and to one document (at least for 24h after last usage-time, then another user can be bound to it). With it you can't develop like described above. Therefor it is much cheaper and normally used by Analysts (via WEB Access Point). When an Analyst is using more than 3-4 applications, costs break even and it may be better to give him/Her a Named Cal and reuse the Doc-Cal for others.

HtH
Roland.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Roland!

Can you confirm it is not necessary to have a server license for a Doc-Cal?

Colin-Albert

DocCals require a server licence as well as the server hosts the licences and delivers the apps to users via the AccessPoint.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Let me try to answer your question.

See while buying the qlikview followings are the things for which you will have to pay.

1. QlikView Server - Responsible for User, Document, Schedule management.

2. Licenses to view the reports - Named CAL and Doc CAL and/or Session CAL.

This two always work in combination. You have to purchase both the things listed above. But from second list you can choose which type of license you need and in what quantity.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

No, sorry.

For a DOC-Cal you need a QV-server.

Not applicable
Author

Ok,

that's clear.

Do i need a server license for a User License too?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes, because it doesnt make sense to just have QlikView server license, without user license. If you dont have User licenses you or your users will not be able to view the reports on the accesspoint (QlikView report portal)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!