Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Invert Axis in a Line Chart

Hi,

It may sound quite easy but I'm new with qlikview. [:$]

I want to showcase the time series of ranks in a line chart However to show the same I need to invert the axis else the ranks would appear incorrectly

Please help thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

That is Gr8 Big Smile The only problem now would be that the texts or numbers which ever i show would be negative

Need to figure out something to correct that as well

Thanks Guys appreciate it

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Select in chart options, the Sort sheet

Then select Sort by Y Value and select Ascending or Descending value.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

In this case the order of years would change - it would not come chronologically . . .

Not applicable
Author

I need to have more informations on what you are sorting, before trying to help you on that point

Not applicable
Author

YearRank

The above is the yearly rank of a person, and i want to show the same in a qlikview chart

A normal line chart would show the trend line going upwards from 2005-06 while the rank has actually decreased from 5th -9th

Need a manner to show the same wherein the line falls from 2005-06 as the rank is falling

thanks,

Umang

Not applicable
Author

Maybe you could create an expression to calculate the difference between Rank N and Rank N-1, then you base your chart on this expression ?

Not applicable
Author

if i understood you correctly , then multiplying the rank by (-1) will do the trick.

the expression should be Rank*(-1)

Regards,

Tariq

Not applicable
Author

Yep , this is something you can think about...

Not applicable
Author

That is Gr8 Big Smile The only problem now would be that the texts or numbers which ever i show would be negative

Need to figure out something to correct that as well

Thanks Guys appreciate it

Not applicable
Author

Got it the final solution would be as Ansari suggested And for the negative numbers you could format the numbers into money format so that there are no negative signs

Thanks to Spastor & Ansari - could get to what i wanted to do