Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Module System Access in Publisher Reload

I'm using a module (macro) function in my reload script. The function requires system access. It works fine when reloaded from the desktop. When reloaded from Publisher, the macro does not work. No error messages, just noting returned.

I've seen a couple threads on this in the past, but no solutions. Have anyone been successful in getting System Access to work in a Pub reload?

Thanks,

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Phil. I gave it a try but still no joy.

I've found a workaround. I've scheduled an External Task of qv.exe with /r /NoSecurity to do the reload. That's working.

I'm going to run this by Support.

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rob, just a thought, but have you tried to set the User Preferences for the service account user on the Publisher box? I guess you would have to install a local QlikView - or copy over settings to the user's C:\Users\<service_user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch
-Phil

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Phil. I gave it a try but still no joy.

I've found a workaround. I've scheduled an External Task of qv.exe with /r /NoSecurity to do the reload. That's working.

I'm going to run this by Support.

-Rob

roelvandeven
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Rob,

Did you get any feedback on this?

I'm experiencing the same problem, but can't seem to find an answer.

-Roel

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I did not find a solution other than the workaround of scheduling a command line reload.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a problem that "looks" more or less the same although the reason may be completely different.  Anyway...

There is a function in the module which utilizes a dll.  The function is used in the script.  On reload, there are no errors but no results either, all nulls.

The reason - the dll is 32-bit, and QV is 64-bit.  If I run reload using QV 32-bit, get the expected result.
(It is desktop reload, not Publisher in this case, but if I need Publisher reload I'll have to use 32-bit.  Or better a 64-version of the dll if possible.)

Regards,

Michael