Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User License costs

Hi everyone,

some questions regarding licensing:

- what is the price of a user license?

- has it the only limitation to enable the user to open 1 document at a time?

- can i buy only a user license, or i have to necessarily buy a server license?

Thanks a lot,

Lo.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes,

at least a small business edition (server)

minimum to buy (here in Germany) are 5 Named Cal, 10 Doc-CAL.

For more details and what you really need you should contact Qliktech or QT-Partner of your choice.

Regards

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi kaushik,

my question is if it is possible to have only a User License, without a Server License.

Buy a Server License should be budgeting tricky..

Thanks

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Buy a QlikView Desktop License.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

there exists a single user licence, called local licence. Without server and not for multi-user purpose. It's about 1000 €

RR

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Lorenbo,

I guess you are not yet clear about the working of QlikView Server and the User license.

To answer your question, you can not guy only the User License, you have to have the server license. But if you dont want to host your application on browser, then as Deepak suggested you can get the Desktop License.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Local License seems to be the best solution.

Should i develop a qvw file on my client with "User License" and use that file on a device with the Local License?

PS: I swear this is the last question..

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Ok, let me try to throw my two pennies in.

Rather than thinking about the licenses and costs, lets think from your requirements and needs and work back to the licenses and then squeeze it to fit your cost.

Scenario 1 - you are a one-man-band, your boss just wants the output of your analysis

Go for the Personal Edition which will costs you $0

Scenario 2 - there are a few people who likes to use QlikView

You can start considering a desktop license for each user (costs my add up quickly and you may want to consider a server license). Don't forget that a Personal Edition license doesn't allow you to open other user's reports, hence you'll need a license for each user. There is only one type of desktop license, there is no limitations.

Admittedly, server licenses are a bit more complicated to cost. The reason being for example that only because there are 100 people using the reports doesn't mean you need 100 licenses, if only 10 of them are ever on the server at a time, you could get away with say 10-15 licenses on the server.

My suggestion would be, contact your local QlikView partner and they could scope and recommend something that is suitable for your needs and budget.

Not applicable
Author

There is a 3rd Scenario (the one i need):

- a "one-man-band" (my customer) who uses the dashboard, and me (the developer).

Can we both use a desktop license (me to develop, the customer to use the dashboard)?

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Assuming you are simply sending the Qlikview file across to the customer, you could get away with one license for the customer and you yourself simply make do with the Personal Edition. This is because the license structure is designed to focus on consumption rather than production.

The limitation here is that you will be doing all the developing and editing. The reason being that the PE version can only open files created by itself. If the customer changes the file, you won't be able to open it (well, after the couple of recovery attempts you get with it). Just make sure you are the only one editing the master file and you should be fine.