Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formulas with two alternate states

Hello Guys,

I have these formulas, where the field "OPTIONAL" comes from a different alternate state called "State10"

=Chr(39)&Replace(GetFieldSelections(OPTIONAL,',', GetSelectedCount(OPTIONAL)), ',' , chr(39)&','&chr(39)) &chr(39)

how do I add the alternative state to this formula???

Thank you already

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try:

=if(count({1} OPTIONAL) = count({State10} OPTIONAL),'blank',    replace( '#'&Concat({State10} OPTIONAL,'#,#')&'#','#',chr(39)))

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

state_name::field_name

Not applicable
Author

If I go like this:

=Chr(39)&Replace(GetFieldSelections(State10::OPTIONAL,',', GetSelectedCount(State10::OPTIONAL)), ',' , chr(39)&','&chr(39)) &chr(39)

The expression appears to be wrong, what should I do?

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

=Chr(39)&Replace(GetFieldSelections([State10]::OPTIONAL,',', GetSelectedCount([State10]::OPTIONAL)), ',' , chr(39)&','&chr(39)) &chr(39)

Don't worry if it's not parsing, it just happens sometimes with set analysis

Not applicable
Author

Tried with the error but ended up still not working.

sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, i don't think you can use the state::field syntax with this system function, have you tried something like

=replace( '#'&Concat({State10} OPTIONAL,'#,#')&'#','#',chr(39))

Thanks

Steve

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can't use set analysis with the GetFieldSelections() function. Use an embedded Only function instead e.g.:

GetFieldSelections(Only({State10} OPTIONAL)) etc...

Not applicable
Author

It worked perfectly buddy, however, the list starts with all OPTIONALS selected, and I need that to start 'blank', with no selections at the beginning.

Is that possible?

sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try:

=if(count({1} OPTIONAL) = count({State10} OPTIONAL),'blank',    replace( '#'&Concat({State10} OPTIONAL,'#,#')&'#','#',chr(39)))

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much. Worked perfectly.