Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to draw a line chart for specific info in a list box

Does anyone know how to draw a line or bar chart to show a specific info in that chart, without having to clik on d list box

for example, a list box contains

GAMES:

1. DS
  2. XBOX
  3. PS
  4. PS 1
  5. PS2
  6. PS3
  7. FIT

How do you draw a chart to only show xbox in a year, when you also have the month list box

Dan

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but maybe something like this?

sum({<Games={XBOX},Year={2009},Month=> Amount)

That says to ignore what you've selected for Games, Year and Month, and substitute XBOX and 2009.

Not applicable
Author

dan posted on 11-12-2009 3:11

For example, if you have these two list boxes or fields with the content

GAMES: MONTH: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec

1. DS
  2. XBOX
  3. PS
  4. PS 1
  5. PS2
  6. PS3
  7. FIT

How do you draw a chart to only show xbox across all months, without having to put both list boxes and then click XBOX, to show on the chart

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Dan, just so I understand, does each of the 'games' normally generate a line or bar on the graph? Normally, you have (*counts games*) 7 lines or whatever and you want to only have a single line based on what you select?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, each of them would normally generate a different line or stacked bars. And I want it to just draw 'a' game for 'all' months, without having to click in the games list box.

Dan

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'll refer you back to my earlier post then. It sounds like I understood what you needed, and that should be the solution. Or if you have a version earlier than 8.5, something like sum(if(Game='XBOX' and Year=2009,Amount)).