Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calculated dimension

why cannot i do this in a calculated dimension?

=if(sum({<DateCleanLog={"=$(=Date(Today()-1))"}>} Rows) = 0, null(), LogCustomerID)

so if there was no rows yesterday, then dont show logcustomerid, else show customerid  - why cnat i do so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Sum is an aggregation expression, and in order to use it in a dimension, it must be used within aggr(), so something like the following may work for you:

=aggr(if(sum({<DateCleanLog={"=$(=Date(Today()-1))"}>} Rows)= 0, null(), LogCustomerID), LogCustomerID)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Sum is an aggregation expression, and in order to use it in a dimension, it must be used within aggr(), so something like the following may work for you:

=aggr(if(sum({<DateCleanLog={"=$(=Date(Today()-1))"}>} Rows)= 0, null(), LogCustomerID), LogCustomerID)

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Because when you perform the sum, the same sum is computed according specified dimensions so if you need something like the one you have written you must use Aggr function

Hope it helps

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

beacuse aggregate function we can use directly in dimension

it will show you "Error in dimension"

so for your expression to work you need to use aggr keyword available in qlikview

if(aggr(sum({<DateCleanLog={"=$(=Date(Today()-1))"}>} Rows),LogCustomerID) = 0 ,null(), LogCustomerID)

then it whould work

basically aggr function used to group by some field  as is in ur example i have grouped your  expression of sum by

LogCustomerID

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan