Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking master calendar to multiple tables

Hi all,

Could anyone shed any light on why I am unable to connect mulitple tables to a master calendar?

I have 3 tables, each containing a date field, and a single master calendar. Each table is linked by either CallID or AgentID to one another.

Currrently I have only 1 table linked to the master calendar although now require to link the 2 other tables to the calendar, to allow date selections to be made. The link to the master calendar is made using a date field in the table and each of the other tables also contain a date field.

When ever I try to make a connection from the master calendar to one of the other tables QlikView returns "Failed to Load Data" with no error messages??

Please any help would be great

I've attached my table layout.

Cheers, Joe

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is just my opinion, but I would start with a single table + IF or set analysis, then check if performances are ok.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Sounds to me like you'd just want a single simple Date field. I wouldn't think you'd want, for instance, "Initialized Date", "Connected Date" and so on. You'd just want "Date", and then an "Activity" field or something to hold the values 'Initialized', 'Connected' and so on. Selecting a Date then gives you all activities on that date.

I think this is basically what spastor is suggesting as well. If you actually need a "calls on hold" column in a chart, for instance, you might use an IF or set analysis to get the data, like count({<"Activity"={'On Hold'}>} "Call ID").

I could still be misunderstanding, of course.

Not applicable
Author

John explained better than I did. thank you John !

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John you are correct, this is what I currently have.

I have a number of calculations to show number of calls on hold etc using data from the inbound table. Although now I need to show the amount of time each agent spends on each activity. This data how ever is stored in a different table (AgentTracking) from the actions themself.

This other table (AgentTracking) also contains a date field which I require to be sorted/selected on, this is where my issue arises as I am unable to join the AgentTracking table to the master calendar as the Inbound table is already connected to the calendar and AgentTracking tables.

When I attempted to create a link between the AgentTracking table and the calendar I get a error msg stating "unable to load data" which I believe is being caused by a circular reference?

How am I able to link both tables to the calendar to allow my user to make date selections on both sets of data?

Thanks,

Joe

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So if you select a particular date, you want all actions from the Inbound table that happen on that date, and all actions from the AgentTracking table that occur on that date? I'd probably concatenate both tables into a MasterActions table, and left join in the Agents table. I'd use some sort of action type field to distinguish between all of the different types of actions. There are probably other approaches if you want to keep your tables separate, such as putting ONLY the information causing the loop on the MasterActions table, and otherwise leaving the tables separate. But combining them is an easy way to avoid the circular reference. QlikView's compression should remove the waste caused by some rows using some fields, and other rows using other fields.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Rob,

Would you please send a working sample file which has above code. I need to link my multiple date fileds to the master calender. Your code might be useful for me.

Hope to hear you soon.

Best Regards,