Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pivot table

Hi,

I have a set of data which looks like

email address, group, question, option, answer

eg.

x@hotmail.com,'G1','Q1','Opt1','Y'

x@hotmail.com,'G1','Q1','Opt2','N'

x@hotmail.com,'G1','Q2','Opt1','N'

x@hotmail.com,'G2','Q1','Opt1','Y'

x@hotmail.com,'G2','Q1','Opt2','Y'

x@hotmail.com,'G2','Q1','Opt3','N'

x@hotmail.com,'G2','Q2','Opt1','Y'

x@hotmail.com,'G2','Q2','Opt2','N'

etc

so for each email, there are many groups, for each group, there are many questions, for each questions there are many options and for each options there is an answer

I have normalised this table so I have a Group table of distinct Groups, a Question table of distinct questions for each Group and an Option table of disitinct options for each Group/Question.

I would like to have distinct Pivot tables in QlikView for each Group using this data - is that possible given the above structures where the Dimensions on each Pivot are Question and Option?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes,

If your model is correctly setup you'll be able to select what you want so that dimensions and expressions will be calculated accordingly to your Selection.

I don't know if this answer your question, i hope it help you.

rgds

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can create calculated dimensions limiting your Questions to the desired Group:

=IF(Group = 'MyGroup', Question)

and check "Suppress when value is null" - this way, only questions for the specific Group will be included in the Pivot Table.

This would work well if your dataset is not huge - otherwise, you might have to look for another solution...

cheers,