Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regowins
Creator II
Creator II

Governance Dashboard reload Task failiure with Publisher

Hi All,

Only the governance dashboard is failing after I split services on two machines.  I have following setup:

Server 1 = QVS, QVWS .  Also, the source documents and Accesspoint folder reside on this server

Server 2 = QMS, QDS, DSC

All the  other reload tasks seem to work fine. Only the Governance Dashboard is failing...any ideas? It seems like it could be path issue but everything looks fine to me.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

The source documents are on Server 1?. It seems a little bit strange taking into account that the QDS is allocated on Server 2.

Take into consideration that when the document is reloaded, it's been executed by the QDS service, so in that scenario in Server 2. Have you checked that all the paths are available from Server 2 to Server 1?.

What version of Governance Dashboard are you using?.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi luis,

I agree that generally you should keep the source folder with QDS. In this case I am doing some testing and I did not want to move all the documents and kept it on server 1.

I have checked all the paths in the QMC and they are UNC mapped to server 1 for QDS and QVS.

I am using v1.1 of ther Governance dashboard. When I run the task manually from QMC i get a document failed log file on Server 1 (in the governance folder) and task log file (in QDS folder) on server 2. So at least I know it is getting to the document.

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

It's kind of strange, the only thing that can fail on the Governance Dashboard are the paths... let me see if I can replicate your behaviour (I'm really interested in this).

If I find anything I will come back to you.

Have you tried to post a comment with your problem on the Governance Dashboard 1.1 SR1 thread?.

Best regards.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Luis!  I will post a note to the GD 1.1 thread to see if I get any ideas.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Moved to the governance dashboard forum