Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using QVDistributionService.exe with batch - Problem: No simultaneous load possible

Hello Qlik Community,

I am using Batch for reloading. But I have the Problem that the Distribution Service does only loads one by one and not sumultaneous:

2014-02-21_150120.jpg

I have already set to 5 simultaneous on Management console, but this only works with Publisher without Batch start...

Does anyone has a solution for that issue?

Thanks in advance.

BR

M.Gencsoy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Your solution is to allow a second or two between the tasks.

11.20 SR5-2014-02-26-13-10-26.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could pls someone help?

I have moved this question to Publisher Group... maybe someone can help here?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you post your command line that you are using to start the task.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi There,

I think you will find that if you submit 2 jobs one after another they will both run. I think the message about 1 concurrent job is because you are initiating another instance of the QV Distribution Service each time it is "defaulting" to 1 job (for the current) but there is nothing stopping you running more.

Note that these jobs are not counted as part of your number of concurrent reloads jobs you would have setup in QMC. They would run in addition to any currently running ones.

You will find also that if you fire 2 jobs at the same time one will fail as they use the same pipe to communicate. Rather give them a couple of seconds between starts.

Personally I prefer to use EDX to fire jobs. It keeps everything under control of the QlikView Management Server.

John H

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

John,

That is correct.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

no it doesn't work... I have started several Jobs, but QVB does load it one by one. Because of EDX I didn't find a simple solution and because of already existing very Long Batch Jobs with QV.exe, I just want to Switch to QVB, because of simultaneous load.

@Bill:

I am using this line:

start "%FILE_NAME: =%" "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe" -r=%FILE_NAME% -variablename=varLoadMethod -variablevalue=%LOAD_METHOD%

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mehmet,

What are you using to initiate the commands? Is this not maybe where the hold up is?  If I fire off 2 jobs a few seconds apart they end up running at the same time. In Task Manager I see 3 Qv Distribution Services running (the 2 tasks and my normal one). The log file for each one of them still says "Usage count=1 of 1" for each reload task but they run together.

I did nothing special in the setup of my QVS apart from modifying the Distribution Service config file to allow batch reloads.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

I also see several QVDistributionService.exe but the reload (will be done by QVB.exe) is not simultaneous:

2014-02-26_174647.jpg

The QVB.exe starts not multiple times to reload the Jobs simultaneous.

Best Regards,

Mehmet.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check this screen at your QMC

Capturar.PNG.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Your solution is to allow a second or two between the tasks.

11.20 SR5-2014-02-26-13-10-26.png