Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS 11.20 SR5 skips folder permissions

Hello everybody,

I am struggling with QVS: it skips the permissions on one of my folders, and only with some of my users.

Because of that, those users can't see the reports inside.

But they can see the inside of another folder with exactly the same permissions.

Is there any way to force QVS to resynchronize folder permissions?

Thank you!

Regards,

Adrián F. Leiro

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Well... It solved itself through the night!

Maybe it had something to do with the *quarantine time*, but at least now I have my folder permissions set perfectly.

Thank you everybody for your help!

King regards,

Adrián F. Leiro

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is probably an issue with inherited permission issue. What level is the folder that you are putting the documents unser? This will help me come up with the correct solution.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Both folders are located in C:\reports\

I used the Effective Permissions tool to check permissions on both folders and everything is ok.

Adrián F. Leiro

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would delete the folders and recreate them and don't change any permissions on the folders.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

It may have something to do with inherited permission, but I'm not really sure what why.

The folder which I can't access has inherited permission, while the one I can access has the same but not inherited.

The worst part is that I have to wait to check if a change worked, because QVS reloads permissions more or less every 10 minutes.

Adrián F. Leiro

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe we won't find an explanation of this behavior, but we'll come up with a solution: if you have a working directory without inherited permissions, drop the other one and create it anew like the working one, e.g. without inherited permissions. Me thinks the sooner you get this to work, the better...

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If I copy reportA.qvw, which is visible, to the folder where the invisible reportB.qvw is, reportA.qvw is visible.

This tells me that the problem it's not the folder.

Then, I replicate the permissions from reportA.qvw to reportB.qvw, but it doesn't work!

Everything between reportA.qvw and reportB.qvw is the same.

Is there some metadata I can wipe out from the QlikTech folder to reset the settings for reportB.qvw?

Thanks

Adrián

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you running the server in DMS mode? If so that is your problem, qvs doesn't use NTFS permissions.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

DISABLE_DMS;YES;;

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Another hint: local users can see it, AD users can't.

Maybe I forgot something while configuring the AD access?