Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regowins
Creator II
Creator II

Governance Dashboard reload Task failiure with Publisher

Hi All,

Only the governance dashboard task is failing after I split services on two virtual server machines.  I have the following setup:

Server 1 = QVS, QVWS.  The Governance Dashboard, other source documents, and Accesspoint folder reside on this server

Server 2 = QMS, QDS, DSC

Ideally, I think the source folder should be on the same server with QDS. In this case I am doing some testing and I did not want to move all the documents over and kept them on server 1. The only thing I moved over to server 2 was the QVPR to keep all the created tasks.

I have checked all the paths in the QMC and they are UNC mapped to server 1 for QDS and QVS. Also, the configuration paths in the governance document are UNC mapped to the servers. Manual reoad of the governance document works fine and is reading logs from both servers.

I am using v1.1 of Governance Dashboard and server SR5. When I run the task from QMC I get a document failed log file on Server 1 (in the governance folder) and task log file (in QDS folder) on server 2. So at least I know it is getting to the document.

All the  other reload tasks seem to work fine. Only the Governance Dashboard is failing...any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

The Governance Dashboard just needs to be installed on every server where it might be reloaded. So, if the plans is to only have QDS on server 2- you should install it there and you could uninstall from server 1, as you've stated.

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hello Ashwin,

Is the Governance Dashboard installed on both servers?

There are few items that come with the installation that must be present on any server where the QMC might send the Dashboard to be reloaded.

Tyler

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Tyler,

Currently, It is only installed on server  1 where it has alway been. If I could not figure this out I was going to unistall it from server1 and install it on server 2. Thanks

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

The Governance Dashboard just needs to be installed on every server where it might be reloaded. So, if the plans is to only have QDS on server 2- you should install it there and you could uninstall from server 1, as you've stated.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So, I installed QGD on server 2 but now I get "File Path driectory does not exist" .This is becuase I am using UNC mapping to server 1 where all the QV documents reside. Is there a way around this? I even tried using the mapped name drive (Z:\qlikviewsource).

Thanks!

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Are you pointing to the root UNC folder?  If so, try pointing to a parent folder instead.

For example - on Server 1: c:\Programdata\Qliktech\Documents ---- instead of using \\server1\Documents, try sharing and pointing to \\server1\QlikTech\Documents.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yep, I think my problem is I have all my QVWs at C:\sourcedocuments, but QGD needs it to be C:\sourcedocument\documents to work. If I create a new folder under C:\scourcedocuments and move the QVW's over I will lose the link to all my scheduled tasks.  I looks like I may be out of luck on this and will have re-create one of these items from scratch.

Thanks for the help! 

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Could you use \\server1\c$\sourcedocuments ? Not sure if this would solve it, but it's worth a try.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That worked, Thanks a lot for the help Tyler!

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do you uninstal Governance dashboard beta.

There is no uninstal utility that comes with dashboard. Do you physically remove files and folders.

I have beta and now installing 1.1.

During installation 1.1 is asking me to restart the instances of qlikview, does it mean instances of server.