Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"ANDMODE" with the additional conditions

Hello

I have the task to show customers that have a contract with certain products.

Here a list of customers and their insurance contracts:

01_.jpg

If I add 2 mandatory conditions on the product - everything works fine.

02_.jpg

But if I will add the condition on the date of the contract ...

03_.jpg

I’ll get this result:

04_.jpg

But I don’t want to see John Lennon in final list because he did not have any agreements (with products KASCO & OSAGO for a given period 01.01.2014 – 03.04.2014.

I don’t know how to relate agreements and product list "ANDMODE". Does anyone have any ideas? without "set analysis"

9 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

In your application you are only filtering date-end. So this is correct behavior. You need to add more actions to filter date_begin also.

Not applicable
Author

by the way... it's example only

To ask my question one date enough I think.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

example or not this is your requirement :

But I don’t want to see John Lennon in final list because he did not have any agreements (with products KASCO & OSAGO for a given period 01.01.2014 – 03.04.2014.

To achieve it you need to filter date_begin also...

Not applicable
Author

Ok, here we go...

"I don’t want to see John Lennon in final list because he did not have agreements with products KASCO & OSAGO ended in 01.01.2014 – 03.04.2014 period.

06_.jpg

Not applicable
Author

In my working model contract has more than 50 fields. And result of  "AndMode" may be limited in any of these fields, as well as the date in this example.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

aha so what you need is having BOTH products ending in that range and not just one...? Then you need set analysis to perform that task.

Not applicable
Author

can I do it without "set analysis"? "set analysis" works very slowly on large queries in my model.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Page 119, QV reference manual. But you may need some data model changes to support it :

14.12 And-Mode in List Boxes

A multiple selection within a field is by default interpreted as logical OR, which means that data associated

to any of the selected field values will be shown in other fields. It is however possible to set certain list

boxes to And mode instead. When multiple selections are made in a list box set to And mode, the associations

in other fields must be to all selected values, which is exactly how associations are normally made

to multiple selections in several fields.

The mode for the field is set in List Box Properties: General tab.

When And mode is activated, an ampersand ("&") will be displayed in front of selected values.

If clicking and holding a value for a moment, the selection will switch from (AND) selected (green) to NOT

selected (red). The ampersand will also be replaced by an exclamation mark ("!"). The NOT selection which

is a forced exclusion of the value or values so marked, can only be made when a list box is in And mode.

Hope this will help!

Not applicable
Author

field ANDMODE already added

ui.jpg