cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search option not working on calculated dimension

Hi,

I have one list box in which I have written expression like

if(Flag=1,FSA name), It is showing the FSA name in listbox. But if I am searching FSA from search box and selecting some FSA ,its not selecting it from listbox.

Is the search option works on calculated listbox.

Thanks..!!

7 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i thing it should but not for all FSA Data and as You are applying Flag=1 .

so some data would not come in calculated field.

Hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
tresesco
MVP
MVP

It would not get selected in the calculated list box, but would minimize(get highlighted as white) as 'possible values'.

Not applicable
Author

It is showing in the current selections, But its not showing as green highlighted in list box.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your calculated list box values are limited by Flag=1. Say there is a value FSA1 for both the flag 1 and 0. Now if you search it in the search box and select, it's scope remain both for flag 1 and 0, while your list box FSA1 if limited to flag=1, hence the selection scope is different for both these values. So it's logically fair that it does not get selected.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You have to use set analysis to see excluded values.

=aggr(Only({<[FSA name]=, Flag={1}>} [FSA name]), [FSA name])

Not applicable
Author

No,the thing is even the FSA which is with Flag 1 is selected, its not selecting it from list box. Basically, in this case it should select it from listbox.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You are right, I missed a bit. As the calculated list box if calculated with reference to another field, it would not get selected, rather it would show as 'possible values'. Had this calculation been done with reference to same field like:

=If(Data>200, Data)                      // same field Data      (selection would work)

the selection would work.

=if(field1=1, field2)                        // different field reference (selection-like you want, would NOT work)