Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santharubban
Creator III
Creator III

Trigger scheduler

HI All,

Can anyone help me in Trigger scheduler.

Is any way to run the QlikView Publisher based on the trigger files not by time scheduling? 

5 Replies
Not applicable

Use the management console.

Not applicable

Please go to QEMC > Documents > Source Documents > Select your app > on the right click add Task button > Triggers > Then configure it

Choose On event from another task

Thanks

AJ

santharubban
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ajay,

Thank..

My requirement is, once the Informatica job is  completed they will place a log file to common folder. once QlikView find a new file in the folder, publisher should  automatically start its process. Is it possible in Qlikview pls advise.

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Simple way is, to run a task every 5 min. If file is ther let it fail and trigger with the fail the real reload and distribute task.

I don't know if it is possible in informatica, but you can use EDX-Task or the QMS-API to start tasks on server from external.

Not applicable

Well if thats the case I would recommend going with a timed schedule because I dont think Publisher can be started based on that.

Is there a particular time this log file gets put into the folder.

Like everday at 3:00 am .

Then you can schedule the Publisher to run at 3:30 am.

Also there are other things you can do in the script. Dont read from the log table until its available but other parts of  the script would be reloaded normally. So this way once the file gets copied in the evening, then on tom's reload this file would be read. You can use FileSize() to determine whether the file exists or not