Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rollback from QV 11.2 SR5 to 11.0 SR2

Hi guys,

For a test purpose, I have installed QVserver 11.2 SR5 (single machine).Now i want to go back to 11.0 SR2, so i uninstalled 11.2 SR5 and then installed again 11.0 SR2. The problem is i'm getting some issues with the ManagementService. When i checked the log, i notice this error:

Found database version: 11.20.002.2EBE093AEDB85DA725D2FF9DA24E51026C727B50

05/03/2014 17:08:34.9825052    Error    Fatal error occurred while initializing repository. System.Exception: Can not use selected database because it is a future version 11.20

at QMSBackendDDL.Config.CreateAndPatchDatabase()

at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.StartupRepository(Int32 rootLogID, String newConnectionString)

Any idea how can i fix this?

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sana,

As Chong said the uninstallers always leave something while uninstalling. In your scenario go to registry and cleanup all the Qlikview and Qliktech related files before installing the another version.

To got to Registry Start-> Run->regedit

It is also a best practice while up gradation and roll back.

Hope this helps!

--

Vinoth

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The are changes to the QVPR directory and the file structure. Look in the QVPR folder (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR) and see if you have a folder called "Backup". If you do go to a date before the upgrade and extract the files and replace the one in the QVPR directory. Need to do this with all the services shutdown

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Oh great   everything is fine again!

So the idea is to keep a backup of C:\ProgramData\QlikTech before the upgarde, and then we want to rollback, just copy the backuped files onthe right place( of course after reinstallation) .. and everything will be restored