Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart not able to display till Dec for YOY compare from HIC on recent blog post

Hi All

I have try to add 1 script on my calendar script . and also expression script for below chart. it work fine , just that it only plot the sales from Jan till march. what i need is for previous year 2013 , i want the green line to display all the way till Dec . Hope some one can share with me how to achieve this ?

not able to display till dec.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For that chart you don't need to worry about Year To Date, as you are showing lines that you can track forward.

Change your expression to Sum( sales ) and it will work.

If you were comparing YTD figures, and then getting a total variance (for instance), you would need to use the expression you have of Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1}>}sales ) .  This way you are looking at the same date period for both years and one over the other makes sense, eg:

Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1},Year={'$(=max(Year)'}>}sales ) / Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1},Year={'$(=max(Year)-1'}>}sales )

Hope that helps explain.

- Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All enclosed is my QV doc.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For that chart you don't need to worry about Year To Date, as you are showing lines that you can track forward.

Change your expression to Sum( sales ) and it will work.

If you were comparing YTD figures, and then getting a total variance (for instance), you would need to use the expression you have of Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1}>}sales ) .  This way you are looking at the same date period for both years and one over the other makes sense, eg:

Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1},Year={'$(=max(Year)'}>}sales ) / Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1},Year={'$(=max(Year)-1'}>}sales )

Hope that helps explain.

- Steve

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In this chart I have not used any flags or any set analysis. It is just a plain accumulation of the values, which you can do either the simple way on the expression tab, or by using a RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sales))).

The message is that you can make a YoY without any flags or set analysis if you use month as 1st dimension, but as soon as you want another field as dimension, you need to use flags and/or set analysis.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi All

Thank you very much for your advise.

Hi HIC

Why i use you expression 2014 line missing ?

line missing.png

Paul