Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

URL Encode / Decode

Hi All

We are hitting a challenge when linking to a QlikView application from another Web Portal. What we want is to publish a URL on a Web Portal, that links to a QlikView application on QlikView Server. We are using QlikView Web Server without IIS.

The problem is faced when the QlikView application has a space in its name. (Which is a good thing to avoid the name being techie.) For example, "Sales Compass". In the HTML standards that I have browsed, a space is most often encoded into %20. For example, "Sales%20Compass". QlikView Web Server handles this by decoding into a space. However, the Web Portal we are using does not encode the space into %20, instead it encodes space into + (a plus). For example, "Sales+Compass". And in the HTML standards I have read that should be acceptable. QlikView Web Server does not decode a + into a space.

We have tried setting the URL on the Web Portal to have the space already encoded, for example, "Sales%20Compass", but the Web Portal further encodes the %20 into %2520, for example, "Sales%2520Compass".

Does anyone know if we can configure QlikView Web Server to decode a + into a space?

Thanks

Al.

2 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can use '_' instead of spaces as simple solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I did say that spaces were good, i.e. I don't want an underscore.