Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to schedule multiple jobs in QMC such that if i have 16 jobs in total, i need to run or schedule only maximum 8 jobs at a time or in a sequence & then need to select the next 8 jobs so that there will not be any impact on the load.

Can anyone help me in this as it is an high priority task which needs to be implemented immediately.

Thanks in Advance.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Arv

In the QMC navigate to :

• System
  • Setup
  • Distribution Service
  • <Your Reload Engine>
  • Advanced
  • QlikView Engine

And look at Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for distribution:  This by default is set to 4, what is yours set to ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Another way is to use task dependency.  For example, task B doesn't start until task A finished.  Although there is a difference here - task A must be executed successfully.  If it fails, task B never starts.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

It is set to 8,  i believe. I will check & let you know the details.Thankyou for your Quick response.Can you explain me in brief how to schedule all 8 jobs in succession as well that would really help me.

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou for your response.Can you explain me in brief about task dependency & how to schedule all 8 jobs in succession as well that would really help me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See Triggers tab in Task.  In the upper part, you specify trigger, typically on a schedule.  In the bottom part, there is section Task Dependencies.  If you click on the "+" - there is a list of the existing task names.

So, you can schedule your 8 tasks at the same time.  Or, I'd probably created a small shift between tasks.  In dependencies - no dependency for task 1, task 2 depends on task 1, task 3 depends on task 2, etc.

So, as soon as task one is executed successfully, task 2 starts, and so on.  One task at a time.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response. Once the 8 jobs are scheduled & in between any jobs fail, So the other jobs will not be triggered. So, in this case what needs to be done. Also, incase once the 8 jobs are triggered successfully, how to schedule it automatically the remaining 8 jobs along with the existing job.

Can you please help me as this is a high priority job which has to implemented & deliver it to the end user

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response Bill. I need some clarification on selecting QlikView engines for distribution, whether i need to schedule all 8 different jobs one by one & by selecting the Qlikview engine as 8. Whether it automatically picks up all the 8 applications as i am little bit new to publisher part as i was into Development part of Qlikview.

Once the 8 jobs are scheduled based on the Qlikview engine, can you help me in scheduling the other 8 jobs automatically or the way in which we need to schedule.

Thanks in Advance Bill.