Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sort on multiple columns in straight table

Hi,

Is it possible to sort on multiple columns in straight table??

I have 1 Ad-hoc report in which there are multiple columns. In Excel there is one functionality that user can sort on multiple columns. I have attached the screen shot for the same excel functionality.

Is it possible to provide same functionality in QlikView??

Thanks in Advance...!!!

12 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In the sort tab, same thing happens and you can promote/demote the column to set priority.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Priya,

The sorting of multiple column in qlikview is possible . In straight table in sort tab here is the option of sorting . Here you can sort the expression and dimension both as of requirement.

Thanks

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you want to sort for expression A and then for expression B

first double click (more click for asc / desc) on label of B

second double click on label of A

not very intuitive but it works

hopre to understand your question

Not applicable
Author

But the interactive sort option is also provided. Thing is they want to make the dynamic groups based on column selections. As it is possible in Excel.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

That is not directly possibly here, if not at all not possible.

Not applicable
Author

If I first click on A column heading den it will sort by that column after that if user selects on column B then it sorts according to column B and the sort on column A goes off.

Requirement is if user clicks on column A first and then on B then it should first sort by A and then by B.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

In Qlik it works in a different way: to sort by multiple fields, you have to work in reverse order

Not applicable
Author

Can u please elaborate ur point. I didn't get it.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

see my previous answer or this

Dynamic sorting in Straight table chart