Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlikview pdf report - file name

Hello

We have created some reports which are being distributed in pdf format via e-mail. The reports are generated for a certain list, defined in an excel file and everything is working fine.

However, it has been rather difficult to name the generated pdf file. We have already tried two ways:

i) include YYYYMMDD date format in the filename, under Reduced Document Name;

ii) name the report prior to the reduced field value

Nevertheless, none of these solutions fulfills our needs. We need to send different pdf files to the same e-mail address daily and, consequently, having the file named by date format has no interest for the receiver of the e-mails. On the other hand, the reduced field value consists in an internal numeric id which the receiver does not know - and shouldn't really know - that is: having a report_fieldvalue=xx.pdf means nothing to the person who receives the e-mails.

Thus, I would like to know if there is some way to customize the name of the sent pdf files according to our specific needs.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

João Duarte

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can always but a field in the report and use a name that is in the field.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can always but a field in the report and use a name that is in the field.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you, Bill

I believe I did not realize that the field selected under "Simple Reduce" was the one which affected the file name. Now, I have selected the desired field and the file name preview returns the name the way we wanted.

Just to check if i understood: this change you suggested impacts only on the file name - the reports will still be distributed for the same field value selected under the "Loop and Reduce", right?

Once again, thank you

João Duarte

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct. That is only used for naming the document and nothing to do with data reduction.

Bill